We all know the feeling. You got into an argument with a frenemy or a stranger and they got you so riled up that you couldn’t come up with a good comeback until long after the fighting is over.
There’s actually a French term for this called l’esprit de l’escalier. It’s used to describe the feeling you get when you come up with great comebacks... but not until after the fact!
The best comebacks taste as sweet as revenge when used appropriately, but we know how hard witty comebacks are to come up with when you’re put on the spot.
To help you come up with some sick burns, roasts and funny comebacks you can use in the heat of battle, we’ve come up with 100 good comebacks. Use these when you don't feel like being sweet as a peach the next time you find yourself arguing with a bully.
We guarantee at least one of these snarky comebacks will wipe the smirk off your enemy’s face. And the best part? You’ll walk away feeling victorious!
1. You’re the reason God created the middle finger.
2. Your secrets are always safe with me. I never even listen when you tell me them.
3. You bring everyone so much joy when you leave the room.
4. I may love to shop but I will never buy your bull.
5. I’d give you a nasty look but you’ve already got one.
6. Someday you’ll go far. I hope you stay there.
7. Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?
8. The people who tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes.
9. You should really come with a warning label.
10. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m guessing it’s hard to pronounce.
11. If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I’d fart.
12. It’s kind of hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.
13. You look like something that came out of a slow cooker.
14. I will ignore you so hard you will start doubting your existence.
15. Feed your own ego. I’m busy.
16. I’ll never forget the first time we met. But I’ll keep trying.
17. You’re a grey sprinkle on a rainbow cupcake.
18. I thought of you today. It reminded me to take out the trash.
19. You are so full of shit, the toilet’s jealous.
20. I love what you’ve done with your hair. How do you get it to come out of the nostrils like that?
21. Stupidity isn't a crime, so you’re free to go.
22. I’ve been called worse by better.
23. Don’t you get tired of putting makeup on your two faces every morning?
24. Too bad you can’t Photoshop your ugly personality.
25. Do your parents even realize they’re living proof that two wrongs don’t make a right?
26. Jesus might love you, but everyone else definitely thinks you’re an idiot.
27. Please just tell me you don’t plan to home-school your kids.
28. You see that door? I want you on the other side of it.
29. You’re like the end pieces of a loaf of bread. Everyone touches you, but nobody wants you.
30. If you’re going to act like a turd, go lay on the yard.
31. You are more disappointing than an unsalted pretzel.
32. Your face makes onions cry.
33. Don’t worry about me. Worry about your eyebrows.
34. Where’d you get your clothes, girl, American Apparently Not?
35. If laughter is the best medicine, your face must be curing the world.
36. You’re not stupid! You just have bad luck when you’re thinking.
37. Isn’t there a bullet somewhere you could be jumping in front of?
38. I’d slap you but I don’t want to make your face look any better.
39. Have a nice day, somewhere else.
40. Everyone’s entitled to act stupid once in a while, but you really abuse the privilege.
41. If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person on the planet.
42. Your family tree must be a cactus ‘cause you’re all a bunch of pricks.
43. If I threw a stick, you’d leave, right?
44. Somewhere out there, there's a tree working very hard to produce oxygen so that you can breathe. I think you should go and apologize to it.
45. You look like a ‘before’ picture.
46. Light travels faster than sound which is why you seemed bright until you spoke.
47. Hold still. I’m trying to imagine you with personality.
48. You are the human version of period cramps.
(scroll to keep reading)
49. Don’t get bitter, just get better.
50. What doesn’t kill you, disappoints me.
51. Aww, it’s so cute when you try to talk about things you don’t understand.
52. Hey, your village called – they want their idiot back.
53. Calling you an idiot would be an insult to all stupid people.
54. I am returning your nose. I found it in my business.
55. Good story, but in what chapter do you shut up?
56. There are some remarkably dumb people in this world. Thanks for helping me understand that.
57. You’re about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
58. You’ll never be the man your mom is.
59. You need a kiss on the neck from a crocodile.
60. May both sides of your pillow be uncomfortably warm.
61. Your kid is so annoying, he makes his Happy Meal cry.
62. I’m not insulting you, I’m describing you.
63. You are like a cloud. When you disappear it’s a beautiful day.
64. Child, I’ve forgotten more than you ever knew.
65. I’ve seen people like you before, but I had to pay admission.
66. I was hoping for a battle of wits but you appear to be unarmed.
67. I’ve been called worse by better.
68. Jealousy is a disease. Get well soon.
69. Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth.
70. Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful. Hate me because your boyfriend thinks so.
71. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and poop out a smarter statement than whatever you just said.
72. People like you are the reason I’m on medication.
73. Earth is full. Go home.
74. Who ate your bowl of sunshine this morning, thundercloud?
75. You fear success, but you really have nothing to worry about.
76. If you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.
77. Keep rolling your eyes, you might eventually find a brain.
78. If your brain was dynamite, there wouldn’t be enough to blow your hat off.
79. Your only purpose in life is to become an organ donor.
80. You are proof that evolution can go in reverse.
81. Grab a straw, because you suck.
82. Hey, you have something on your chin. No, the 3rd one down.
83. Don’t be ashamed of who you are. That’s your parent’s job.
84. Remember when I asked for your opinion? Me neither.
85. Were you born on the highway? That is where most accidents happen.
86. You’re about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
87. I believed in evolution until I met you.
88. That sounds like a you problem.
89. Unless your name is Google, stop acting like you know everything!
90. I told my therapist about you.
91. You’re my favorite person... besides every other person I’ve ever met.
92. I envy people who have never met you.
93. You’re impossible to underestimate.
94. If you were an inanimate object, you’d be a participation trophy.
95. Take my lowest priority and put yourself beneath it.
96. You are a pizza burn on the roof of the world’s mouth.
97. People like you are the reason God doesn’t talk to us anymore.
98. I hope your wife brings a date to your funeral.
99. If genius skips a generation, your children will be brilliant.
100. I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.
Want more humor? Check out…
101 Funny Quotes
101 Corny Jokes
101 Knock Knock Jokes
101 Funny Puns
- 01“Awww, are you having a bad day?” ...
- 02“I will not be silenced!” ...
- 03“Make me.” ...
- 04“Your wish is my command.” ...
- 05“Roses are red, violets are blue. ...
- 06“If you don't wanna hear me, cover your ears.”
- You're the reason God created the middle finger.
- Your secrets are always safe with me. ...
- You bring everyone so much joy when you leave the room.
- I may love to shop but I will never buy your bull.
- I'd give you a nasty look but you've already got one.
- Someday you'll go far.
How to Shut Up - YouTube
The court stated that in order to find that yelling "shut up" constituted abuse according to the definition as outlined in the Abuse Policy, the action must have the characteristics outlined in the definition; namely that the action was demeaning, insulting, humiliating or derogatory.
The BEST Way To Respond To Insults - YouTube
Talk with Your Biggest Fans. When someone does take the time to engage with your brand, you want to reciprocate! Leave no comment left unrecognized, no question unanswered. When fans take the time to post a shout-out to your brand on social media, re-share the post and thank them for the kind words!
You can also respond to a comment with a question. This can call attention to the inappropriate nature of such comments. For example, if someone says "You are so skinny!" say something like, "Why does that matter to you?" or "Why do you need to comment on that?" Vague, open-ended questions can also be helpful.
Over the long term, it's smart to aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week. Generally to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week, you need to burn 500 to 1,000 calories more than you consume each day, through a lower calorie diet and regular physical activity.
- 1. " My body is not your business."
- 2. " So I'm fat. ...
- 3. " I may be fat, but at least I'm not rude."
- 4. " Sorry, but I'm already in a relationship."
- 5. " Please, please. ...
- 6. " ...
- 7. " ...
- 8. "
Reasons that someone may talk excessively include mental health disorders, personality characteristics, and personality disorders. Excessive talking can create a social burden for both the talking person and their listeners.
Hyperverbal speech may show up as a symptom of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or anxiety . If you have anxiety, you might talk more than usual or speak very quickly when you feel most nervous. Excessive talking about the self.
- Solitude. Take time away (if needed at my retreat park) to reflect, think, write, listen, hear, and not speak while in solitude. ...
- Silence. ...
- Learn to recognize the signs. ...
- Be concise. ...
- Ask a follow-up question. ...
- Learn social cues. ...
- Ask questions. ...
- Don't be a know it all.
- They are Hyper-Critical or Judgmental Towards You. ...
- They Ignore Boundaries or Invade Your Privacy. ...
- They are Possessive and/or Controlling. ...
- They are Manipulative. ...
- They Often Dismiss You and Your Feelings.
- Allow yourself to ruminate in a healthy way. It's normal to replay upsetting events in your mind to get a handle on them. ...
- Identify the other person's (possible) motive. ...
- Turn the spotlight inward. ...
- Know what words really are. ...
- Own your vulnerability. ...
- Resolve to speak up next time.
Verbal abuse, also known as emotional abuse, is a range of words or behaviors used to manipulate, intimidate, and maintain power and control over someone. These include insults, humiliation and ridicule, the silent treatment, and attempts to scare, isolate, and control.
- Wow, I hate me too! We should be friends.
- As they say, haters gonna hate!
- Whatever floats your boat.
- Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!
- How fitting of you. You fight like a cow!
- Well, it takes one to know one.
- Trash talked by many. ...
- It's totally fine that you don't like me.
Shut up is a rude way to tell someone to stop talking. It can also be used an as exclamation of amazement or excitement.
Tell them to please be quiet, not rudely but sincerely. Say they are being disruptive or distracting and its hard to concentrate. If they are still being rude, just tell them to shut up. Is it damaging to someone's self-esteem to keep telling them they are too loud?